Discussion on tln-in-the-works-you-dont-eat-enough-of-these-healthy-foods

Tyler

Nov 10, 2008, 8:05:30 PM11/10/08
to Tough Love Nutrition Group
Water must be really important because its listed twice.

TLN Phil

Nov 30, 2008, 9:33:10 AM11/30/08
to Tough Love Nutrition Group
Hey Tyler.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The article you mentioned
is a draft and been in the works (forever!). I will get to it one of
these days, but in the meantime, it is almost worth it to list water
twice as "top things people do not get enough of in their diet". Even
with the convenience of bottled water, etc, individuals are still
challenged to drink enough water daily. While there is no defined
science on how much you should drink, one such target that is not bad
is drinking a half ounce for each pound of body weight daily. So if
you weigh 200 pounds, you try to drink 100 ounces of water. This is
just shy of a gallon of water per day (128 ounces equals 1 US
gallon). This sounds like a lot, but when consumed throughout the
day, it is a realistic goal.

TLN Phil