Monospace fonts no longer work on google groups

Andrew Helwer

Jan 19, 2023, 10:32:14 AM1/19/23
to tlaplus
This makes specs here considerably harder to read and reduces the value of this place as a support forum. Unsurprising stuff is starting to break. What should we do about this?

hornace...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2023, 11:28:00 AM1/19/23
to tlaplus
In my opinion, if you have a question regarding a spec you are writing and you want to ask someone to kindly check what you could be doing wrong, you should push your spec to a GitHub repo - even a throwaway one - and provide a link. That way people can collaborate together by providing comments, creating pull requests etc.

I've always viewed this group as a discussion forum to ask questions and to get help on tooling and the TLA+ language. I don't think any Google Group is a good place to exchange code/specifications.

A Slack workspace for example, would help to avoid sharing code via GitHub, but I am not entirely convinced Slack would be a good fit for the TLA+ community.

Dátum: štvrtok 19. januára 2023, čas: 16:32:14 UTC+1, odosielateľ: andrew...@gmail.com

Markus Kuppe

Jan 19, 2023, 11:43:47 AM1/19/23
to tla...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want to be at Google's mercy, the group's email front end
gives you more control. The spec below should have a fixed-width font.

Markus

----- MODULE Monospace -----

VARIABLE monospace

Init ==
\/ /\ IsEmail
/\ monospace = TRUE
\/ /\ IsWeb
/\ monospace = FALSE

Next ==
PrintT("Read-only web front end: https://discuss.tlapl.us/")

=============================
Message has been deleted

Andrew Helwer

Mar 14, 2023, 4:07:10 PM3/14/23
to tlaplus
Testing whether monospace fonts work; this is posted through the web interface. The following line of text should be monospace, done by selecting/highlighting it and changing the font to "Courier New":

Test test 123 test

Andrew Helwer

Mar 14, 2023, 4:09:19 PM3/14/23
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Testing through email interface now; the following line of text should be monospace, done by selecting/highlighting it and changing it to "Fixed Width":

Test test 123 test

F Weber

Mar 1, 2024, 4:27:23 PMMar 1
to tlaplus
 I’d like to get my custom trailer on my GoogleGroup to be monospaced.

Can I add code to the trailer to accomplish this?

Thx!