CVS Access

nedbrek

Feb 5, 2011, 12:35:57 PM2/5/11
to tkhtml3
Hello all,
Is the CVS server still working? I tried:
% cvs -d :pserver:anon...@tkhtml.tcl.tk:/tkhtml login
Logging in to :pserver:anon...@tkhtml.tcl.tk:2401/tkhtml
CVS password:
/tkhtml: no such repository

Thanks!

jemptymethod

Feb 6, 2011, 5:31:51 PM2/6/11
to tkhtml3
On Feb 5, 12:35 pm, nedbrek <nedb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>    Is the CVS server still working?  I tried:
> % cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@tkhtml.tcl.tk:/tkhtml login
> Logging in to :pserver:anonym...@tkhtml.tcl.tk:2401/tkhtml
> CVS password:
> /tkhtml: no such repository

Hmm, I'm having the same problem. But I can see the files via
fossil's web interface:

http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/fossil/dir?ci=tip

In fact I can see Dan actually fixed some code just last month:

http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/fossil/timeline

Dan Kennedy

Feb 7, 2011, 12:21:05 PM2/7/11
to tkh...@googlegroups.com

jemptymethod

Feb 8, 2011, 7:20:39 AM2/8/11
to tkhtml3
Thanks Dan, I think a move to something more modern is great, and I
see it too is developed by D. Richard Hipp among others (yourself?)

Once I got fossil installed which was as trivial as obtaining a binary
from http://www.fossil-scm.org/download.html and putting it on my
path, then to "checkout" fossil was a matter of the two following
commands:

George@George-PC ~/dev/tkhtml
$ fossil clone http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/fossil tkhtml.fossil
Bytes Cards Artifacts Deltas
Sent: 53 1 0 0
Total network traffic: 210 bytes sent, 3929223 bytes received
Rebuilding repository meta-data...
100.0% complete...
project-id: de760ee8f853bf59567210a5a33aa9130dfa6d84
server-id: 863d51da80ebc51ebd749f91fc363e5fd3aa5f7d
admin-user: George (password is "******")

George@George-PC ~/dev/tkhtml
$ fossil open tkhtml.fossil