I am having trouble with a javascript command.

18 views
Skip to first unread message

Michael A. Brooke

unread,
Aug 11, 2011, 3:55:58 PM8/11/11
to tkhtml3
I have using hv3 to call a https::// web site that is using aspx and
uses javascript for most of the commands. It works really well except
for when I push a login button. The error it comes back with is that
it cannot find the file. Do you have any suggestions. I have tried
running the application from the source code and it keeps coming up
with a 'cannot file handler error' or another one was a error trying
to do the 'namespace unknown unknow' command. If you can help me get
this started I will be glad to share my findings with you.

Michael A. Brooke
Director Software Development
email: mbr...@magstarinc.com

jemptymethod

unread,
Aug 11, 2011, 5:40:21 PM8/11/11
to tkhtml3
On Aug 11, 3:55 pm, "Michael A. Brooke" <mybelle4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have using hv3 to call a https::// web site that is using aspx and

Have you tested this with other browsers as well, and do you get a
similar error? If so, its not an issue with hv3

> uses javascript for most of the commands.  It works really well except
> for when I push a login button.  The error it comes back with is that
> it cannot find the file.  Do you have any suggestions.  I have tried
> running the application from the source code and it keeps coming up
> with a 'cannot file handler error'  or another one was a error trying
> to do the 'namespace unknown unknow' command.  If you can help me get
> this started I will be glad to share my findings with you.

How does this error manifest? On the console? In an alert? We are
going to need a lot more information, possibly including some sample
source code, to even begin to help.

mmmm

unread,
Aug 11, 2011, 5:50:33 PM8/11/11
to tkh...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for you response.

No I do not get this error when I use Firefox.  Attached you will find four images the first two are using hv3 and the last two are using Firefox.

What I am trying to do sounds simple,  I need to bring up this one web site and allow no other options for the user?

Michael Brooke


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tkhtml3" group.
To post to this group, send email to tkh...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tkhtml3+u...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tkhtml3?hl=en.


8-11-2011 5-44-02 PM.png
8-11-2011 5-45-01 PM.png
8-11-2011 5-46-32 PM.png
8-11-2011 5-47-06 PM.png

jemptymethod

unread,
Aug 11, 2011, 6:44:24 PM8/11/11
to tkhtml3
On Aug 11, 5:50 pm, mmmm <mybelle4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for you response.
>
> No I do not get this error when I use Firefox.  Attached you will find four
> images the first two are using hv3 and the last two are using Firefox.
>
> What I am trying to do sounds simple,  I need to bring up this one web site
> and allow no other options for the user?
>
> Michael Brooke
>
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 5:40 PM, jemptymethod <jemptymet...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > On Aug 11, 3:55 pm, "Michael A. Brooke" <mybelle4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have using hv3 to call a https::// web site that is using aspx and
>
> > Have you tested this with other browsers as well, and do you get a
> > similar error?  If so, its not an issue with hv3

Ok, that second screenshot was real helpful to me. Something I've
seen hv3 struggle with, is URLs with unusual characters in them, and I
see all sorts of parentheses and such. Its as though the URL decoding/
encoding/escaping isn't implemented properly. That's my best guess,
and remember hv3 is still alpha quality. If you can somehow make the
server return a simpler URL without the parentheses, that's how I
would test my hypothesis.

mmmm

unread,
Aug 12, 2011, 9:47:26 AM8/12/11
to tkh...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for looking at this.  I am going to talk with the site provider's tech support and see if we can prove your hypothesis.  On a personal note, I would love to work on this project.  It has been create fun. How do I get involved?

A question.  In the source code I have noticed that you have the following statement 'namespace unknown unknown'.  When I try this I get an error. I know about package unknown.  Is this something new?  I am using tcl 8.4.19.5.  Perhaps this is something in the latest releases of tcl.

Michael



--
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages