What are-you-doing/have-you-done with tkhtml3 or hv3

jemptymethod

Dec 21, 2010, 5:53:06 AM12/21/10
to tkhtml3
Building on the momentum, maybe we can start having a couple of posts
a week on here, instead of a post every couple of months?

What are you doing, or have you done, with tkhmtl3 or hv3?

I'll go first, as you know if you've been reading this group this
year, I've devised a platform not unlike Adode AIR, for creating
desktop applications, with web technologies.

Hv3 forms the browser piece of this, at the bottom are the diffs
between the latest hv3 and my version, in order to launch hv3 with no
chrome. After those minor modifications below are the lines of code
in the main.tcl of my starkit that also launches a web server, that
launch hv3:

source [file join $starkit::topdir hv3 hv3_main.tcl]
set hv3_args {-enablejavascript "http://localhost:$port"}
eval [concat main $hv3_args]

Below are the diffs. Anybody else care to share what they are doing,
or have done in the past, with tkhtml3 or hv3?

$ diff -r hv3_deskml02/ hv3_kit/
diff -r hv3_deskml02//hv3_browser.tcl hv3_kit//hv3_browser.tcl
23c23
< #source [sourcefile hv3_polipo.tcl]
---
> source [sourcefile hv3_polipo.tcl]
105c105
< #bind $O(win) <3> [list $me rightclick %x %y %X %Y]
---
> bind $O(win) <3> [list $me rightclick %x %y %X %Y]
diff -r hv3_deskml02//hv3_http.tcl hv3_kit//hv3_http.tcl
571c571
< #unset state(sock)
---
> unset state(sock)
diff -r hv3_deskml02//hv3_main.tcl hv3_kit//hv3_main.tcl
756,763c756,757
<
< #pack .toolbar -fill x -side top
< #pack .status -fill x -side bottom
<
< #hide (most of) gui
< pack forget .status
< pack forget .toolbar
<
---
> pack .toolbar -fill x -side top
> pack .status -fill x -side bottom
812c806
< #. config -menu [::hv3::menu .m]
---
> . config -menu [::hv3::menu .m]
815,816d808
< return
<
1120c1112
< #::hv3::downloadmanager ::hv3::the_download_manager
---
> ::hv3::downloadmanager ::hv3::the_download_manager
1159c1151,1152
< set ::hv3::maindir [file dirname [info script]]
---
> set ::hv3::maindir [file dirname [info script]]
> eval [concat main $argv]
1161,1162c1154
< #eval [concat main $argv]
< #proc print {args} { puts [join $args] }
---
> proc print {args} { puts [join $args] }
Only in hv3_kit/: hv3_polipo.exe
Only in hv3_kit/: main.tcl

Caitlyn

Dec 27, 2010, 12:10:57 AM12/27/10
to tkhtml3
Hi, George,

On Dec 21, 5:53 am, jemptymethod <jemptymet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Building on the momentum, maybe we can start having a couple of posts
> a week on here, instead of a post every couple of months?
>
> What are you doing, or have you done, with tkhmtl3 or hv3?

Once upon a time I did a lot of packaging for Vector Linux. I
packaged HV3 for Vector Linux 6.0. The developer of the Light version
then used it as his default browser.

I've moved on from Vector Linux for a variety of reasons and I really
haven't done anything with HV3 since. I am involved in a different
project that will finally have a public release in 2011, or so I
expect. We will have small/lightweight builds and if there was an
updated HV3 that could be compiled and packaged without too much pain
and struggle it would be a good candidate for inclusion.

I'd love to see HV3, the browser, revived and updated. I think you've
already figured out that is a tall order.

Good luck,
Cait