Using Tk in the browser?

Martin Cleaver

Sep 8, 2009, 9:58:31 AM9/8/09
to Tk Documentation and Resources
Hi,
Congrats on tkdocs - it's refreshing to see so much detailed and up
to date information on Tk!

With apps increasingly moving to the web can I build Tk apps in the
browser? It seems that a plugin is needed, and the http://www.tcl.tk/software/plugin/
says there is not a version at all for the Mac.

Assuming there is no way around needing a plugin, is Tk in the browser
so hard to support?

I suppose needing a plugin is not problematic as long as the
installation is seamless.

Thanks,
Martin.

Mark Roseman

Sep 9, 2009, 9:08:13 AM9/9/09
to tkd...@googlegroups.com
A plugin is needed... whether or not a plugin is problematic depends
really on the situation. For wide deployment it can be a significant
issue. There are other approaches that 'leverage' tcl and/or tk to
run in the browser, but if you really want full Tk...

Mark

HeadsU...@yahoo.com

Jan 13, 2018, 6:06:51 AM1/13/18
to Tk Documentation and Resources
I know this is an old post but you can display Tk apps in a browser without the use of a plugin. Check out CloudTk

This not only displays Tk apps in browser but other X11 apps as well.

I have included the First (Real) Example written in Tkinter as an example from the TkDocs site.

Kind Regards

Jeff