Site slowdowns

Abe Dane

May 19, 2014, 2:16:56 PM5/19/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
Just a note to let customers know we're investigating the cause of sporadic slowdowns that have been affecting Tizra customer sites over the past few days.  We believe we're homing in on the cause, and will be in touch as soon as we have more info.

Abe Dane

May 19, 2014, 2:44:47 PM5/19/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
We made some configuration changes and performance is now looking good.  Actually, VERY good.  We continue to monitor and will post updates if anything new arises.

Abe Dane

May 22, 2014, 10:19:47 AM5/22/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
The periodic performance slowdowns we have been investigating for several days have reoccurred.  We've got all hands working on a solution.  Updates as soon as we have more info.

Abe Dane

May 22, 2014, 10:50:59 AM5/22/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
We put some additional configuration changes in place a few minutes ago, and performance now looks good.  We continue to investigate, however.

Abe Dane

May 23, 2014, 9:53:54 AM5/23/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
Last night, we made a number of adjustments to improve performance, including increased caching, an update to the software we use to generate images from PDFs and revisions to the way collection lists are generated.  The changes have brought dramatically more efficient use of system resources, and so far performance under load looks very good.  We continue to  watch closely, though.

Any feedback on this would be most welcome...the more specific with regard time and URLS involved the better.

Abe Dane

May 29, 2014, 7:08:35 AM5/29/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
Over the Memorial Day weekend and into yesterday we made further adjustments which give us more confidence that the periodic slowdowns we have been seeing are now resolved.  Among the most significant of the changes are garbage collection routines better suited to the new, more powerful server architecture we adopted recently, and more efficient processing of highlighted pages in search results.  We will continue to monitor, but are now quite hopeful that our customers and their customers will continue seeing the full benefit of the performance improvements we've invested in.

As always, please keep an eye out and don't hesitate to get in touch.