Apparent botnet attack

Abe Dane

May 6, 2015, 10:07:40 PM5/6/15
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
Earlier today, a Tizra customer (who has been notified) experienced a pattern of suspicious activity consistent with a botnet attack, taking the form of many thousands of failed login attempts over a period of several hours.  Tizra responded by developing software to block the suspicious logins.  This effort appears to have been successful.  The suspicious login attempts have stopped, and it does not appear that the site was compromised.  However, high system loads caused by the attack did cause several minutes of slow performance over the course of the day.

We will continue to monitor and harden our systems as Internet threats become more sophisticated.  Please let us know if you encounter any issues we may be able to help with.