New metadata options

Abe Dane

Feb 21, 2014, 1:00:46 AM2/21/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
Over the next few days, we'll be rolling out new metadata features that let you apply metadata, such as keywords, to your content in ways that make it easier to describe and to find via search engines like Google.  You may see some slight changes to the way metadata properties are arranged in your Admin panel.  We hope these don't cause any problems, but please let us know if they do.

Abe Dane

Feb 23, 2014, 10:32:22 PM2/23/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
We're in the final phases of the metadata upgrade mentioned last week, and during the next few hours, we recommend that Tizra site Admins avoid making changes to Offers, since this could cause metadata to be incorrectly overwritten.  Thanks for your patience during this process.

Abe Dane

Feb 24, 2014, 8:45:27 AM2/24/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
Just a follow-up on last night's notice: The metadata upgrade completed as expected last night and Tizra is functioning normally.

More info about the new features soon!

David G Durand

Feb 24, 2014, 4:07:45 PM2/24/14
to tizra-...@googlegroups.com
There is a brief description of the new property features on the Tizra customer wiki:

https://github.com/Tizra/Tizra-Customer-Tracker/wiki/Property-overrides

This should help you get started until the manual has been updated. Let us know if you have any problems or if it sparks any great ideas.

While search engines are one important reason for meta tags, this feature also makes LOCKSS archiving easier to configure, something that our academic customers have been asking for.

-- David