New Member

1 view

jared

Jun 17, 2011, 9:13:39 AM6/17/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
New Member Wrote: Great debate with family, and church friends. Is Tithing of the OLD and the NEW Testament? I am a baby in Christ and am getting both sides of this argument. I tend to believe it was commanded only for the Old and that in our age it is a SPIRIT of GIVING and CHEERFULLY! Reap what you sow.... Thanks

Mike and Debra Copeland

Jun 17, 2011, 7:49:38 PM6/17/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the group.
My name's Mike and my wife has a video testimony if think you'll find interesting and very direct to the point.
Keep being led by His spirit!

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM, jared <jbb...@gmail.com> wrote:
New Member Wrote: Great debate with family, and church friends. Is Tithing of the OLD and the NEW Testament? I am a baby in Christ and am getting both sides of this argument. I tend to believe it was commanded only for the Old and that in our age it is a SPIRIT of GIVING and CHEERFULLY! Reap what you sow.... Thanks

visit the blog
http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/

--
saltandfire

Freewillgiver

Jul 18, 2011, 7:58:00 PM7/18/11
to Tithing & Stewardship Group
Friend if you are a babe in Christ remember that you are still a
priest in Jesus. The book of Hebrews calls believers
a chosen generation and a royal priesthood. In the Old testament the
Levites collected food tithes from the Jewish landowners
and the Levites owned the least land in Israel so God gave them the
food tithes as there Inheritance. TITHES were for the Temple,
Inheritance, Tribute, Hierarchical, Eating, and a System. The Levites
gave a tenth of their tithes to the Priest who were the leaders of
Israel. The Priest could eat their tithes only in certain places and
the Levites could eat there tithes in other places. The system was
very complex. They were not 10% of every Jews income or money no the
tithes they were always food. If anyone can find a required tithe of
Moses that was money like gold or silver then this Blog is very wrong.
No such Scripture exist. If you are a priest then you decide howto
spend your money to Please Jesus. Give money to the poor, Give money
to worthy Missionaries, Give money to your local Fellowship, Send your
kids to Christian School, Buy a Bible for your neighbor, Get Christian
Counseling for your Marriage, Buy Christian Video's, Invest your money
With Christian businesses but what ever you do know that Jesus is the
lord of your money and you will give an account to him. You are free
be a cheerful free will giver!

tanj...@aol.com

Jul 19, 2011, 8:01:33 AM7/19/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Well said Mike, plain, simple and to the point.