Tired of Being Criticised for talking about tithing too much & not about giving

jared Bartholomew

Jun 3, 2013, 3:43:43 PM6/3/13
to ti...@googlegroups.com
I went on a bit of a rant today in my blog. i have written a ton about tithing on my site and i get a ton of criticism from people who support and don't support tithing. Basically, they want me to stop talking about tithing and focus on what we should be doing about our giving, not what we should NOT be doing. Anyway, just got tired of it all today really tore it up here http://www.tithing.com/blog/beware-of-the-big-green-monster/

i wonder if some of you get the same criticism.

- jared

Greg Couch

Jun 3, 2013, 4:26:12 PM6/3/13
to tithe@googlegroups com

I get criticism everyday about II Cor 9:7

visit the blog
http://churchtithesandofferings.com/blog/
facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stewardship-Tithing/163294293719377

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tithing & Stewardship Group" group.

David James

Rebecca Brown

Sep 29, 2014, 9:26:05 PM9/29/14
to ti...@googlegroups.com
In Galations 5:9, concerning the Law, we read that a little leaven leavens the whole lump. My husband who is now in heaven once said that he believed tithing was that little leaven. It is the one thing of the old covenant that has passed denominational barriers and I believe has hindered the understanding of many.
2 Corinthians 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: It does not seem that Paul minced words, does it, ? :) 13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ 16 Nevertheless when it (speaking of the heart R.R.B.) shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. Satan does not want that vail to be removed and for people to see clearly what God would like to show them. I have a feeling that He stirs up people when the subject of tithing comes up because he wants to keep them in bondage.

solomon

Sep 29, 2014, 10:06:21 PM9/29/14
to ti...@googlegroups.com

Tithing is a transaction with God. 100% different from giving that is out of our heart and love. Look at the O.T you will find, when you tithe 10% God will bless you more. If you dont, God will stop too. Imagine the bride and bridegroom relation is like this. What a joke. God already said, he has given up his son, how much more will he not give us all thing that we need. We give our of love, not out of getting God blessing. If you want the full blessing of our heavenly father without any obstacle...start manifesting all the fruit of the spirit.
Love
Joy
Shalom
Forbearance
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self control

On Tuesday, 30 September 2014, 9:26, Rebecca Brown <sewons...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

wendell hendricks

Sep 30, 2014, 3:20:41 AM9/30/14
to ti...@googlegroups.com

No where in new testament tithing is ever mentioned. After the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ tithing ceases just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Money is never  tithed even in the old testament. Land produce only.

Wendell Hendricks

wendell hendricks

Sep 30, 2014, 4:31:46 AM9/30/14
to ti...@googlegroups.com