can it work

zekethemeek

Jan 6, 2010, 10:06:21 PM1/6/10
to TitanTV Listings, zeket...@earthlink.net
I have an ATI video card with a tuner, In the past, guide+ by Gemstar
interacted with it and I could record TV on my computer. Guide+ is no
longer available. I was referred to you. Is it possible for me to link
my ATI software with your service so that once again record to my hard
drive scheduling, via your schedule ??

Greyscale

Jan 9, 2010, 7:13:49 PM1/9/10
to TitanTV Listings
You can schedule recordings with most standard definition All-in-
Wonder cards (those with the Titan TV components installed) using
Titan TV if you edit a Windows Registry setting.

Click your "Start" button, click "Run", type "regedit" (no quotes),
navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", navigate to "SOFTWARE", navigate to
"DECISIONMARK", to "TitanTV, select "TVPIReader", double-click the
"NTSCenabled" entry and change the value from "0" to "1", and exit
regedit.

While this will allow you to schedule a recording from Titan TV, it
won't name the file with the show name, just the date and channel
number. And for some reason, when the recording is completed, it pops
a a dialogue prompting you to move the completed file to your C
drive ... click cancel if that happens, I haven't figured out why it
does this yet.

Guide+ is still available, but you have to jump through hoops to make
it work properly with the new ATI drivers, and I'm not quite there yet
myself. You would need to uninstall ALL of your ATI drivers, and
install Guide+ from your original cd BEFORE reinstalling the most
current ATI drivers and MMC.

One solution would be to completely remove all ATI software and
drivers from your system and clean all related registry keys,
reinstall drivers and MMC from the cd (or use legacy drivers and
software from before they started using the Unified AVS drivers) and
never update your ATI drivers again

Greyscale

Jan 12, 2010, 6:58:19 PM1/12/10
to TitanTV Listings
This is in response to zekethemeek's email to me, my response to him
keeps getting bounced:

ATI misled you about Gemstar, it still pulls in American schedules, it
may not set up the ATI scheduler correctly, however, unless you use
older versions of the ATI drivers and Multimedia Center software. I
had it working (and scheduling) with the original software from the
install cd less then a week ago, but I had to update because the
legacy software was causing BSOD crashes on my machine. Now, it still
does pull in the correct listings for my cable provider in Iowa. It
even sets up the ATI scheduler, but omits to add a channel number to
the schedule.

Before you try ANYTHING else, though, try the suggestion posted at
this forum:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=259401

if that doesn't fix Guide+, keep reading below

What ATI card are you using, and what software version of MMC? Is
there a listing in your Device Manager (under "Sound, video and game
controllers") for the "ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver"? It may be
that your graphics card will not support Titan TV if you have the
latest ATI software and drivers and there is no such entry.

If that is the case, try updating to the latest version of Guide+
(1.0.0.54), there should be an update application listed on your
"Start" menu under the "Guide+" subcategory, you may need to run this
twice (run, reboot, run again, reboot) to get the current version.

For informational purposes, I am using an ATI X800 All-in-Wonder with
driver version 8.476.0.0 and MMC version 9.16

It may be that AIW cards from a series earlier than 9 will not work
with TitanTv.

zekethemeek

Jan 15, 2010, 1:10:41 PM1/15/10
to TitanTV Listings
I have an ATI All-in-wonder 9800 pro

the mmc is 9.1.0.0
Catalyst 6.2
the tv is 9.06.1
Gemstar is 1.0.0.53

in device manager
ATI WDM RAGE Theatre
ATI WDM TV Tuner
there is no ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver"
I don't know the All-in-wonder driver version

Greyscale

Jan 15, 2010, 6:23:38 PM1/15/10
to TitanTV Listings
OK, Titan TV will work for you if you update your ATI drivers and
Mulltimedia Center software.

Create a folder on your desktop named ATI and save all of the files
below into it:

Download the Catylyst Software suite and WDM Integrated driver from
here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.22.3.2&lang=English

Download all four MMC 9.16 components from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/mmc9-16.aspx

completely remove all ATI software and drivers from your machine and
reboot, canceling all "Found new hardware" dialogues when they pop up.

Before continuing, I highly recommend cleaning your registry using
CCCleaner:

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

and rebooting once again

Then install the ATI drivers and software in the following order,
rebooting when prompted:

1: Catalyst Software Suite

2: WDM Integrated Driver

3: DAO/MDAC

4: DVD/DTV Decoder* (You can skip this if you don't use MMC for DVD
playback, or if you don't have your original ATI cd)

5: Encoder Package

6: Multimedia Center

Reboot once again, then edit your registry as I outlined in my
original response. If all goes correctly, you will then be able to use
Titan TV to schedule TV recordings.

One note: with the new drivers and software, time-shifting will always
be on, and can only be toggled off by editing another registry key,
but we will get to that later if we need to.

zekethemeek

Jan 15, 2010, 9:14:41 PM1/15/10
to TitanTV Listings
in this this you said "Reboot once again, then edit your registry as I

outlined in my
original response. If all goes correctly, you will then be able to use
Titan TV to schedule TV recordings. "
I thought all the previous registry correction instructions were for
guide+, am I missing something???
when I get home Sunday I will try all this

On Jan 15, 3:23 pm, Greyscale <elcabezagra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, Titan TV will work for you if you update your ATI drivers and
> Mulltimedia Center software.
>
> Create a folder on your desktop named ATI and save all of the files
> below into it:
>
> Download the Catylyst Software suite and WDM Integrated driver from
> here:
>

> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_...

Greyscale

Jan 16, 2010, 10:15:55 PM1/16/10
to TitanTV Listings
My first response was in regard to using Titan TV to schedule
recordings with an AIW card ...

"You can schedule recordings with most standard definition All-in-
Wonder cards (those with the Titan TV components installed) using
Titan TV if you edit a Windows Registry setting.
Click your "Start" button, click "Run", type "regedit" (no quotes),
navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", navigate to "SOFTWARE", navigate
"DECISIONMARK", to "TitanTV, select "TVPIReader", double-click the
"NTSCenabled" entry and change the value from "0" to "1", and exit
regedit. "

zekethemeek

Jan 22, 2010, 4:54:28 PM1/22/10
to TitanTV Listings
I have done exactly as you described, including the registry change
decisionmark, I tried to schedule recordings from titan schedule
listing with no luck, when the download completes I have it set to
open with the ati program (I can't remember the name) I have no
indication that it does or is recording... I have set downloads to my
desktop but when I check after download there are none there

is there supposed to be a guide link in launchpad??

boy that was a ton of fun doing all that

Greyscale

Jan 22, 2010, 6:04:59 PM1/22/10
to TitanTV Listings
No, there will be no guide link in Launchpad for Titan TV, and no
visible dialog when you schedule a recording via Titan TV, but the
scheduled shows should be visible in the "Schedule" tab of ATI TV
settings.

It MAY be that ATI scheduler is not started, it will not start
automatically the first time you schedule a program via Titan TV. Try
setting up a manual scheduled recording, you should then get a prompt
asking you to start ATIsched, and whether you want to start it when
Windows start, which you need to do.

Updating ATI drivers is, and always will be, a major PITA.

zekethemeek

Jan 23, 2010, 2:11:01 AM1/23/10
to TitanTV Listings
now tonight the tv won't initalize, what have I gotten myself into

zekethemeek

Jan 26, 2010, 7:27:27 PM1/26/10
to TitanTV Listings
Oh no a totally new problem - the TV turns on by itself with nothing
scheduled at least 4 or five times a day. It has stopped my dvd burner
several times. I don't have anything scheduled, I don't understand why
this is happening

When I had tried to record it put files in a file called ATI MMC and
the files are hidden when I get a properties window open it say
several gigs yet when reveled the files are just a few mb why is that

Greyscale

Jan 26, 2010, 8:01:37 PM1/26/10
to TitanTV Listings
Try opening regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

navigate to SOFTWARE
Navigate to ATI Technologies >Multimedia>Features>Schedule and delete
any subcategories found there.

Open TV Setup and make sure your recording paths are ok. Then see if
it records ok.

ATI records to a temp file before placing the recording in its
destination folder, I think those hidden files may be placeholders.

zekethemeek

Jan 27, 2010, 2:20:52 AM1/27/10
to TitanTV Listings
ok I have done that, I am recording a show that I selected to record
from the controls, will that be sufficient?? I'll let ya know tomorrow
how it come out,

You have been a great help and for this I thank you.....

Greyscale

Jan 27, 2010, 5:53:18 PM1/27/10
to TitanTV Listings
If your manual recording is successful, next try setting a recording
from TitanTV.

Glad I could help. I just happened to read your first post on this
directly after I had finished debugging my own AIW card, so the
process was still fresh in my mind.

One word to the wise; once you get all the bugs ironed out, don't ever
update your ATI stuff again, or you may find yourself going through
the entire process again.