Oracle database

PM

Jun 11, 2012, 12:41:20 PM6/11/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Is it possible for titanium desktop/TiDesk to read/write to an Oracle database located at a server in the same internal network?

Best
Peter

Kevin Whinnery

Jun 11, 2012, 12:50:51 PM6/11/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Desktop has both an HTTP and Socket API which should be usable for that purpose.  If you're looking for a database driver, I'm not certain one exists for Oracle/Desktop.
--
Kevin Whinnery
Director of Developer Relations

Skype: kevin.whinnery

Appcelerator Inc.
The Next Generation Mobile Platform

Paco Zarate

Jun 11, 2012, 12:59:45 PM6/11/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
You can use an external webservice, tidesktop can connect to it without problem.
I guess you can also use integrated python/php/ruby support to get the connection.

Paco.

Alain Ekambi

Jun 11, 2012, 1:06:14 PM6/11/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Or you can do it with all the power and confort  of Enterprise Java with  http://emitrom.com/gwt4tidesktop .

Disclaimer : I created ti4j desktop.

PM

Jun 11, 2012, 1:31:17 PM6/11/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.
I will need to implement soon a read/write to oracle in an app.
I guess there is enough information here for me to search.

Thanks
Peter