Where to download and "study" about Titanium Desktop?

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 1, 2012, 6:52:16 AM9/1/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Developers,

Nice to meet you all!

Am Rodrigo, from Brazil and actually am starting out with the Titanium Appcelerator IDE and so I`ve heard about the possibility of it to build desktop (aka OSX) versions of apps as well. So am wrong?

If not, would you mind telling where could I download it and also, point some kind of "documentation" as well as I do not know if this "desktop" version would work with the actual IDE (Titanium Studio) and principally - compile/build the app.

I would be glad of getting some helpful reply from you guys/gals.

Thanks in advance,
--
Rodrigo Costa.

RSC Developments
•Website -- http://rscdev.net
•Apps ------ http://mobilegamesdev.net
Artwork -- http://rscdev.deviantart.com
•Linkedin - http://www.linkedin.com/in/rscdev
Twitter ---- http://twitter.com/RSCdev

Luis Specian

Sep 1, 2012, 10:22:16 AM9/1/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodrigo, Titanium Desktop, is now called Tide SDK  http://www.tidesdk.org/, its community supported now, you can use the Titanium IDE to develop with it, you just need to download the zip file and in your Titanium IDE you go to Help->Install specific Titanium SDK, and point out the .zip file you just downloaded from tidesdk.org

I am from Brazil too, any questions in portuguese also, be my guest.

Regards

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 1, 2012, 10:02:05 PM9/1/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

Thank you for pointing me out about the TideSDK. I really did not know that (btw I`ve just started) :)

It`s nice to know that you`re from Brazil too. Can we speak Portuguese here? If not, you can always contact me via e-mail as well.

So, one more question regarding now the TideSDK: will I be able to build apps for Mac Appstore? Are you building it as well Luis?

And the steps to get the TideSDK working are so easy as it looks like?

I`m starting out with Titanium now and so am a little "lost" as yet but trying to get a great understanding of it at all. Thanks for that!

Cheers,
Rodrigo.

Tom Jeffries

Sep 1, 2012, 10:09:02 PM9/1/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure I'm not the only person who would appreciate your taking the trouble to communicate in English so that other novices (like me) in TideSDK can follow the conversation.
--
Tom Jeffries, Founder and CEO
Skype tjeffries

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 1, 2012, 10:18:54 PM9/1/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com, t...@safe-xchange.com
Hi Tom,

Nice to meet you.

Well, that is not a problem at all. No worry. Like so I`ve asked about it as I understand what you mean.

Well, by now am going to download the .zip file of TideSDK to try to install it into my TiStudio. But am wondering myself is if the TideSDK version released right now is even supported under OSX Mountain Lion? Do you know something about?

BTW thanks for the input.

Cheers,
Rodrigo.

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 1, 2012, 11:26:40 PM9/1/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

I`ve installed it following the steps you gave me, but now, would you mind telling me HOW do I do when opening TitaniumStudio (that has the TideSDK installed already into it) to start a project for Titanium Desktop (aka TideSDK)?

I`m able to go NEW>> but there are only Android and iOS projects to be started and I cannot see anything related to "desktops build". Am I blindness? :(

Thanks in advance one more time,

Cheers,
Rodrigo.

Luis Specian

Sep 2, 2012, 5:44:46 PM9/2/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Rodrigo,

Inside your Titanium IDE you go to the menu item on top Help and then choose Install specific Titanium SDK then from the browse file menu, you choose the .zip file downloaded from TideSDK website.

Inline image 1

After that you should be able to create a New Project with TideSDK on your titanium.

Inline image 2

About Apple Lion, the second ss was tooked from a lion 10.7.4 vm

:D
newtidesdk.png
tideinst.png

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 2, 2012, 6:41:24 PM9/2/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Wow,

Thank you very much for the screenshots Luis!

BTW, I`ve got it but for some reason (that I do not know why) when I open my Titanium Studio >> NEW, there isn`t that option to build for Desktop Project as your screenshot shows. Instead, to get the option to start a NEW Desktop Project I have to go FILE>> NEW >> OTHER >> TITANIUM and so there are shown 3 options to build for that are: Mobile Project, Mobile Module Project AND also the Desktop Project. :)

So, I started a new desktop project but I was surprised to see that there were not any .js file (as the normal app.js) to start coding/editing. I only found a .html file to start with and so I assume that I can build for desktop but I have to "program" in HTML, am wrong? :S

Thanks one more time!
Cheers,
Rodrigo.

Luis Specian

Sep 3, 2012, 9:11:15 AM9/3/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
You can use javascript, php, phyton and ruby, have look this link:

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 3, 2012, 10:10:53 AM9/3/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Luis.

BTW I`ve found only Python, Ruby and PHP at the link you passed, not JavaScript. :(

I think my question would be: The apps that I code for mobile can be built for desktop?

Cheers,
Rodrigo.

Luis Specian

Sep 3, 2012, 2:11:06 PM9/3/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I don´t think you will be able to do that, since the code for mobile is based on the TiApi that is build around the Device you are using  (IOS or Android), they have some in common but you have to be careful to run a app in both, if I´m not mistaken there are some parts of the api that just run on IOS and some just run on Android.

What you can do is a html desing that is responsive, and the publish as a HTML view on mobile, and use the same to the desktop.

Regards.

Rodrigo Costa

Sep 3, 2012, 2:36:17 PM9/3/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
OK!

Luis, I really appreciate all the info you`ve shared with me here. I`ll keep look into it and see what I can do.

Cheers,

Rutger

Sep 19, 2012, 8:05:28 PM9/19/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, i am very glad i found out about the tidesdk project. But, i can't install the sdk properly for some reason... The option to start a new desktop project just won't come up?

Sinduja Raghunathan

Jan 4, 2013, 2:06:57 AM1/4/13
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com

I just tried installing titanium desktop and I stuck with this error. Pls help

The selected wizard could not be started.

Plug-in com.appcelerator.titanium.desktop was unable to load class com.appcelerator.titanium.desktop.ui.wizard.NewDesktopProjectWizard. An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.appcelerator.titanium.desktop (314).

Christian

Jan 4, 2013, 4:50:07 AM1/4/13
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sinduja,

As you are surely aware, the Titanium Desktop project has been given to the open-source community and now goes under the name TideSDK.

You can learn about everything there is to know in the following post:

Hope this helps.

___________________________
Christian Brousseau
[Who Dares Wins]

cletus Razacou

Apr 22, 2013, 9:57:44 AM4/22/13
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
hi i;m very happy to join this group
I just  have some questions about titanium packaging.
I recently used TideSdk  to built a deskop  but strong enforcement is clear that during the installation I noticed that the files are accessible to the public. Thus, in the c :/ Program / ​​APPLICATION NAME / resources/,  I can see all the codes used for the creation of program.

So my question is to know if there not a way to make these files by extension . Dll or make them less inaccessible to the public.Also I would like to know if it'is possible to install NodeJS in the program.
I use TideSDK developer 1.4.2
Bracket
thank you.............

Wang Kevin

Feb 22, 2014, 10:22:56 PM2/22/14
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com

Our clients buy titanium tube can be used in a variety of applications from heat exchangers, airframes, medical equipment and bicycle frames. We have worked hard to establish our reputation as one of the leading suppliers of ti tubes and pipes. To find out more on how we can support you titanium supply contact us now.

Standard: ASTM B337, ASTM SB338, ASTM B861, etc.
Materials: Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.9
OD: 19.0mm (0.75″) and 25.4mm (1.0″)
Length: 1000mm-15000mm (39.4″-590.6″)
Thickness: 0.5mm-0.7mm (0.02″-0.028″) Or Customized
Shape: Round

在 2013年4月22日星期一UTC+8下午9时57分44秒,cletus Razacou写道: