will we keep using titanium studio?

Marco Aurélio Campos

Jul 2, 2012, 1:29:57 AM7/2/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
so, the question is simple: will we keep using Titanium Studio to build TideSDK apps or it'll be another IDE?

Ingo Muschenetz

Jul 3, 2012, 7:08:30 PM7/3/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We're glad you asked that question...we'd like to make it easy for people to continue to use and expand on the existing Titanium Studio desktop integration.

As such, we've open-sourced it here:

And you can download a pre-built version of the latest plugin here:

We're currently running that build as part of our nightly build process, so it should help keep it from getting out of sync if we happen to refactor the core code base.

While we won't be able to add new features ourselves, we're happy to help get other contributors started with the code base.

Cheers,
Ingo

Marco aurelio Campos

Jul 3, 2012, 8:47:14 PM7/3/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
I also like to know, if there is a way to integrate TideSDK's app build process with another IDE, say, by calling a script, using ant or something like this?

--
Marco Aurélio D. Campos
Instituto de Computação - UFMT

fairwinds

Jul 4, 2012, 1:09:47 AM7/4/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco. Be aware that you can package locally which is very efficient. We will have build capacity on our ci system that we are hoping to run double duty for user packaging but not quite there just yet. This is a goal and we hope to establish a lightweight web service for this and will appraise users of this capability when it becomes available.

Regards,
David

fairwinds

Jul 4, 2012, 1:11:35 AM7/4/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
This is very excellent news Ingo and we certainly appreciate this outward sign of support.

Regards,
David

Paco Zarate

Jul 4, 2012, 1:28:03 AM7/4/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

We have forked the code into TideSDK tree: http://github.org/TideSDK

We are working on getting Titanium Desktop/TideSDK compiling using VS2010 for Windows, and upgrading the webkit on MacOS Lion. Lot of pending stuff :)

Please join #tidesdk at freenode... The channel is very active and we have been growing on collaborators each week.

Marco aurelio Campos

Jul 4, 2012, 12:40:53 PM7/4/12
to titanium-desk...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the answers and plus 1 for the work been done!