Titanium/TideSDK/TideKit Vaporware

Michael Battalio

Aug 29, 2015, 12:15:16 PM8/29/15
to Titanium Desktop Transition
I just thought I would post the news to this group, though it seems to be mostly inactive now, that this platform is mostly defunct.  The TideKit company has folded.  See this github thread for more information:  https://github.com/reduxframework/redux-news/issues/59  I would suggest to everyone to move on; there are some suggestions on what to try next in that thread.  There is some talk in that thread about locating old copies of the TideSDK repositories, but the technology is so old that no one should try to build any modern apps using it.

@fairwinds (David Pratt) was clearly nothing but a swindler.  Stay away from any future projects of his.  I knew there was something fishy ever since how they handled the transition from the open source TideSDK to TideKit, and I complained about it in the TideSDK group that that has been deleted as has everything under control of members of the CoastalForge company.  They essentially stole the TideSDK twitter handle and moved everyone, whether they wanted it or not to TideKit.  It was clear why they did that now.  They were pushing everyone over to get money out of them.  It was very dishonest, and clearly just the tip of the iceberg.

I never gave TideKit any money, but if you did see this twitter handle:  https://twitter.com/TideKitLawsuit

I've been following Tide since it was a part of Appcelerator, and this last difficulty will probably be the death blow.  This project was doomed ever since Appcelerator spun it off.  Good luck to anyone still trying to use it.

Sebastián Ramírez

Aug 30, 2015, 7:47:37 PM8/30/15
to Titanium Desktop Transition
Thanks for the update Michael.