Titanium Desktop App - disable zooming with CTRL+scroll

kamil.fr...@polcode.net

Jul 3, 2017, 6:19:53 AM7/3/17
to Titanium Desktop Transition
Hello,
I develop an application that has been implemented a long time ago in Titanium Desktop App (I hope that name is correct :)). The app works on touch device and users can use gestures to zoom in or zoom out. The problem is I don't want it. I've tried to disable zoom features for Internet Explorer by editing the registry - it worked for Internet Explorer, but not for the app. Is it any way to disable zooming (for example by CTRL+scroll) in an app written in Titanium Desktop App? I hope for any workaround or something.

Best regards,
Kamil

Sebastián Ramírez

Jul 5, 2017, 2:16:07 PM7/5/17
to Titanium Desktop Transition
As I understand, this project is abandoned since a long time.

There were some "efforts" on trying to continue the project after Appcelerator abandoned it. But it seems they didn't result so well. You can read more here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/titanium-desktop-transition/GBNQwGfiuHk

Nowadays, you should give any new effort to developing a web based desktop application to Electron: https://electron.atom.io/ or NW.js: https://nwjs.io/ . And BTW, you have most of the NodeJS packages available for you to use them with those tools.

I personally would suggest Electron with electron-builder: https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-builder

It's incredible how much work is already done by those tools and how little you have to actually code.

Good luck!

Sebastián