Problem with installation via NPM

Luiz Carlos Gonçalves dos Anjos

Nov 11, 2013, 2:39:51 PM11/11/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com
I have this problem below, after do "sudo npm install -g tishadow" in Terminal.

My NODE is 0.10.13 and NPM is 1.3.2

Any suggestion?

David Bankier

Nov 11, 2013, 3:35:24 PM11/11/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com

Can you check if /usr/local/bin in your PATH? Enter the following : echo $PATH

Steve Gardner

Dec 18, 2013, 3:41:40 AM12/18/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issue and /usr/local/bin is in my path

David Bankier

Dec 18, 2013, 7:34:05 PM12/18/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think that people that are having this sort of issue when installing tishadow from npm haven't install npm directly and are using it via the Titanium Studio install. Is that right?

David

Steve Gardner

Dec 19, 2013, 2:07:32 AM12/19/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com
I can't remember how I originally installed node but the latest update was definitely through Titanium Studio. Should I uninstall node and reinstall with the standalone installer (dmg)?

Steve Gardner

Jan 17, 2014, 9:11:18 AM1/17/14
to tish...@googlegroups.com
I've reinsalled node (and npm) by downloading the node .pkg file from nodejs.org. I'm now running NODE 0.10.24 and NPM 1.3.21 and the problem is still occurring. After receiving the following output and cancelling the process after it appears to freeze, I checked by TiShadow version and it's still 2.1.1.

Steves-MacBook-Pro:~ stevegardner$ sudo npm install -g tishadow
Password:
npm WARN engine tish...@2.4.3: wanted: {"node":"0.8.x"} (current: {"node":"v0.10.24","npm":"1.3.21"})

> exec...@1.0.1-pre install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/tishadow/node_modules/execSync
> node-gyp rebuild

gyp WARN EACCES user "root" does not have permission to access the dev dir "/Users/stevegardner/.node-gyp/0.10.24"
gyp WARN EACCES attempting to reinstall using temporary dev dir "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/tishadow/node_modules/execSync/.node-gyp"

David Bankier

Jan 19, 2014, 6:37:54 PM1/19/14
to tish...@googlegroups.com
Two things to try:
  1. Are the X-code command-line tools installed?
  2. If so can you try installing like this:  sudo npm install -g tishadow --unsafe-perm
David

Steve Gardner

Jan 20, 2014, 7:53:54 AM1/20/14
to tish...@googlegroups.com
This seems to have sorted it out. Loving the Ti CLI command. Great work! Thanks David!