T is for Training on May 17, 2 p.m. ET

Jill Hurst-Wahl

May 12, 2013, 6:37:47 PM5/12/13
to tisfort...@googlegroups.com

Reportedly the next T is for Training will be this Friday at 2 p.m. E.T. (http://tisfortraining.wordpress.com/)  And…if all goes as planned, I’ll be able to participate.  (Semester is over, mostly, and I don’t have classes on Friday afternoon.)  So besides participating, I’m wondering if I can help steer the conversation to the LJ article on the value of an MLIS degree.  My thinking is that the TIFT crew includes both those with and without the MLIS/MLS, which could make for a lively and informative conversation.  We might even skip the “value” part and talk about why we have or have not gone for the degree.

Just an idea…

BTW…Circulating Ideas and LitTech will be posting a podcasts this week on the topic. Each is half of a longer recording done with the LitTech and Circulating ideas crew along with Dave Lankes and myself.  (In other words, one podcast split into two, and each half hosted on a different site.)  I think a TIFT spin would fit in nicely.

So, Mo (Mau)…what do you think?

Jill

--

Jill Hurst-Wahl | School of Information Studies
Associate Professor of Practice

Syracuse University
208 Hinds Hall
Syracuse, New York 13244