Digital literacy training materials

Jill Hurst-Wahl

Dec 18, 2011, 7:23:07 PM12/18/11
to tisfort...@googlegroups.com

Polly Farrington and I are working on a project here in NYS to develop digital literacy training materials that will be used in public libraries across the state.  We need to develop customized materials, but want to do so without totally reinventing the wheel (or at least knowing what others have done).  The training we’re developing is on  basic PC hardware knowledge, the Internet, communication skills (but not social media), and word processing (MS Word).  If you  know of specific workshops that we should be looking at for inspiration, please let me know.

BTW we’re aware of digitalliteracy.gov and several other sites.  Also trying to tap into what has already been done in NYS.  Just want to turn over more rocks!

Thanks!

Jill

Jill Hurst-Wahl

President | Hurst Associates, Ltd. | hu...@HurstAssociates.com

Cell: (315) 243-4403 |Twitter: Jill_HW

Jill is also a member of the Syracuse Univ. School of Information Studies and

serves as the School’s Director of Library & Information Science Program.