T is for Training #92: "Big, Noisy and Visible" available for download/listening

1 view

Jill Hurst-Wahl

Feb 11, 2012, 11:39:48 AM2/11/12
to tisfort...@googlegroups.com

You can listen to the one-hour podcast at http://t.co/vAjXsO64 According the Paul Signorelli, this was one of the best ones ever (but he may be biased).  Thanks to Maurice for hosting.  Marianne and Paul, I always enjoy talking with you!

Jill

P.S. – We’re jokingly starting a competition for “I Want To Be Maurice's Personal Librarian”.  What do you think the application process should be?

Jill Hurst-Wahl

President | Hurst Associates, Ltd. | hu...@HurstAssociates.com

Cell: (315) 243-4403 |Twitter: Jill_HW

Jill is also a member of the Syracuse Univ. School of Information Studies and

serves as the director of the School’s Library & Information Science Program.

Paul Signorelli

Feb 16, 2012, 10:52:59 AM2/16/12
to hu...@hurstassociates.com, Coleman, Maurice, T is For Training
Joking? It was a joke to suggest an "I Want to Be Maurice's Personal Librarian" competition?

Personally, I think the application process should reflect the spirit of T:
It should have multiple entry points (e.g., both a live audio or visual component along with opportunities for informal chat)

It should be somewhat faciliated, but also be free-flowing, and it should be completely beyond Maurice's control

It should be structured as well as open to last-minute changes depending on the whims of the judges and all who apply

It should be limited to a 60-minute period to complete the application process.

All decisions of the judge--obviously someone other than Maurice; why should we allow a/the major stakehold to have any participation in the process?--should be final and irrevocable, and the entire process should be archived so that those who are not able to participate in the live version should be able (and required) to view/listen to the archived version of the competition.

And there should definitely be a word limit placed on all submissions.

OK, that's my 2.5 cents, accounting for inflation.

Let the competition begin. Hope this leaves everyone time to meet the as yet to be determined deadline for submissions.
--Paul

                                    --
Paul Signorelli, Writer/Trainer/Presenter/Consultant and
ASTD National Advisors for Chapters advisor (2011-2013)