1st x64 build of Tise - please test

Grigory Mokhin

Sep 19, 2010, 3:24:15 AM9/19/10
to Tise Development
This is the first x64 build of Tise:

http://tise.mokhin.org/tise64-1.99beta5.zip

Any feedback will be most welcome.

Regards,
Grigory

Christopher Bell

Sep 19, 2010, 10:31:37 AM9/19/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Grigory,

I downloaded the file and tried running it, but unfortunately I wasn't successful.  After unzipping the file and clicking the executable, immediately a dialog box popped up with the following error message.

It was entitled "Tise Fatal," and the content said:

Could not load hook library.
Error code=193
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chris

Grigory Mokhin

Sep 19, 2010, 12:32:08 PM9/19/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris.

I've updated the zip file, can you please try again?

Grigory

Christopher Bell

Sep 19, 2010, 3:27:11 PM9/19/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Grigory.

I downloaded the updated file and sure enough there was no error and it ran seemingly as before.  However, I'm seeing the exact same problem I first noticed when using Tise on a 64-bit system.  When I toggle Tise on and try typing in a word or notepad document (even in a web browser), nothing shows up.  Literally, nothing, meaning that I start typing and no characters, Tibetan or roman-type, show up.  It's like my keyboard isn't even connected anymore.  Then when I toggle Tise off everything goes back to normal.  Very strange.  I noticed this behavior on two different 64-bit (Windows 7) systems.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Cory Leistikow

Sep 20, 2010, 7:21:58 AM9/20/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded the file and tried it on Windows 7 64 professional and had the same problem. Nothing happens when I type as well. The toggle works the same as well. When I toggle back to English, it types fine.

Thanks for all your work!
~cory

Grigory Mokhin

Oct 12, 2010, 10:26:07 AM10/12/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
After a lot of trials and errors I found that the most probable reason
of this behavior is the difference between the internal layout of
structures for keyboard input in 32-bit and 64-bit Windows API. This
poorly documented and indeed needs some programming magic.

It's quite obvious what to do next. Sorry for making everybody wait
longer, but I will have to get somehow a 64-bit system for further
debugging.

Regards,
Grigory

Christopher Bell

Oct 12, 2010, 12:44:55 PM10/12/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
No worries, Grigory, we appreciate all your hard work!

Chris Bell

anh

May 15, 2012, 7:15:30 PM5/15/12
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
ahhh, I was looking forward to the upgrade my old laptop from window XP to window 7, now I regret my old system now, it has TISE running well on it  :D

Anyway big thankyou I have type many many Tibetan texts with TISE and really appreciate all the hard work that had been spent for it.
Look forward to seeing TISE running on newer computer.
Best wishes,
Anh

Grigory Mokhin

Nov 19, 2012, 5:20:02 AM11/19/12
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Finally Tise 64-bit version is working for me. Hope it is a good news.

Please download and test it on your 64-bit boxes:

I tested it on my windows 7 64-bit and MS Office 2007 and it works fine here.

I'm especially interested whether Tise works well on non-English layouts.

Regards,
Grigory