TISE suggestions

Christopher Fynn

Sep 14, 2010, 1:56:16 AM9/14/10
to tise-devel
Grigory

Could you change TISE so that typing phawo results in ཕཝོ not ཕྭོ
(which should be phwo)
ཕཝོ is a word that occurs in Dzongkha. Other Dzongkha words I've tried
which have spelling that does not occur in standard Tibetan seem to
work fine

It might also make more sense to have karma result in ཀརྨ་ rather
than ཀརམ (karama) - since karma is very common in personal names.

- Chris

Grigory Mokhin

Sep 14, 2010, 2:54:49 PM9/14/10
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
Yes Chris, I will do it. It would be useful to collect a list of such
common words to avoid extra typing. The way Tise works at the moment
Dzongkha phawo should by typed pha.wo or ph.wo and karma - kar+ma. If
I'm not mistaken, there is an ongoing discussion elsewhere about the
inambiguity of EWTS vs the ease of use. Tise is the program for easy
typing, and I hope EWTS authors will enjoy if Tise saves them extra
keystrokes.

Regards,
Grigory