Fwd: Might I consult some question about TISE 1.99 beta5 with you?

Grigory Mokhin

Dec 7, 2006, 7:01:31 AM12/7/06
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Grigory Mokhin <mok...@gmail.com>
Date: Dec 7, 2006 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: Might I consult some question about TISE 1.99 beta5 with you?
To: Yang Lin <yangl...@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Yang Lin,

Thank you for addressing this issue. As far as I can see here, the
typing sequence for Sanskrit rya is R+Ya (not R+ya). See

http://www.thdl.org/collections/langling/ewts/ewts.php?m=SIV

It works in Tise, .

Best wishes,
Gregory

On 12/7/06, Yang Lin <yangl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>

> I just downloaded Tise version 1.99beta5 from www.thdl.org . It is no doubt
> an amazing Tibetan input method. However, I have some trouble in typing the
> Sanskrit rya. According to the rules or guidelines given by EWTS(Extended
> Wylie Transliteration Scheme), the typing word should like "R+ya" but the
> outcome seems not to work! Would you please give me some instruction on
> that?
>

> I would like to appreciate your kind help or assistance in advance and say
> sorry if it would bother you too much!
>

> Best regards/Yang Lin
>
> Karmapa Khyenno

Grigory Mokhin

Dec 7, 2006, 10:07:44 PM12/7/06
to tise-...@googlegroups.com
Please see the reply from Mr. Yang Lin below.

Does anybody experience the wrong display of R+ya? Is it a font issue?

Gregory

Dec 14, 2006, 4:09:09 PM12/14/06
to grib...@inwind.it, tise-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Leonardo,

Tise intercepts keyboard input and sends unicode input to the system,
which in turn sends a message with Tibetan codes to the current active
window. It is the task of the active window to properly interpret the
codes from the message.

It seems that this richedit widget doesn't understand Tibetan unicode
input. I had this experience with other custom software that tried to
use RichEdit20W edit box. Unfortunately, I don't know any workaround
for this issue.

Best wishes,
Gregory