MonoDevelop 1.0 has been Released on 14 Mar 2008

1 view

Andrew Norris

Mar 14, 2008, 6:00:30 PM3/14/08
to tirania.org blog comments.
Congratulations! MonoDevelop is a great tool.

ideasdigger

Mar 14, 2008, 7:17:43 PM3/14/08
to tirania.org blog comments.
All this great, but where all the download bits? The release notes
pointing to the direction of the general download page, but none of
those packages do contain mono-develop bits. Yes, I found the sources
but ... Does this means that in order to use compiler I need to
compile the compiler tools? I've exaggerated a bit, but this is how
it looks from the side. Come on, guys, you can do better than that!

Miguel de Icaza

Mar 14, 2008, 9:13:57 PM3/14/08
to tiraniaorg-b...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

These should be available from the downloads link, there are packages available

Michael Hutchinson

Mar 15, 2008, 2:09:35 AM3/15/08
to tirania.org blog comments.
The release notes point to the MonoDevelop download page, which is
also linked at the top of every page on the MD site. On the download
page there are source tarballs, and under the "Packages" heading, a
link to the Mono download page, which always contains the latest
packages (Mono AND Monodevelop) for all for the distros for which we
ship packages.

The reason why there's no single simple link is that the packages need
to be different for every distro and OS.

emp...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2008, 3:06:43 PM3/15/08
to tirania.org blog comments.
Please add C# 3.0 support.

Vinicius Menezes

Mar 15, 2008, 4:51:26 PM3/15/08
to tirania.org blog comments.
GREAT! Now we have a windows-like environment on linux which is great!

A "small" step for *nix OSes, a huge step to OSes interoperability.
Congratulations Miguel, the Mono compiler Team and everyone else that
helped to accomplish this ( including the MonoDevelop guys! You all
rock! )!