Mono and the Game Developers Conference on 26 Feb 2008 - About Lua2IL

masca...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2008, 8:02:50 PM2/26/08
to tirania.org blog comments.
Hi, Miguel,

Lua2IL is out of date, given that it works with Lua 5.0, not 5.1, the
current version. I have been building LuaCLR (http://www.lua.inf.puc-
rio.br/luaclr), which will eventually be a production compiler for Lua
5.1 that will perform somewhere between the native code LuaJIT and the
Lua interpreter. Currently it lacks most of the Lua standard library,
as my priority have been compiler optimizations and benchmarking
(given that it's a research project), but it is performing quite
nicely with the Richards OO benchmark, which I give more credit than
the usual shootout fare. And I still haven't ran out of ideas for
improvement, and I am betting that it will be fast enough for self-
hosting. :-)

Regards,
Fabio Mascarenhas