IOError while using SessionMiddleware

Fredrik Bonander

Jul 4, 2011, 9:07:50 AM7/4/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm getting some strange error when trying to develop a new project. The problems occurs some what random sometimes it's "IOError: [Errno 13] file not accessible: '/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg'".

The project is a copy of a other project I've been working on. That project still works fine. I have stripped the project to only contain a small bit of code wit

I think this is due to using the SessionMiddleware, because when I remove it the error disappears. But the I get "No module named tipfyext.jinja2".

Don't know if it matters but I updated to appengine 1.5.1 this morning.

To make matters more strange, when I reboot the dev server it works for a couple of minutes. Then it stops.

Does anyone know what this could be?

..fredrik

--
Fredrik Bonander

the infinite power of the creative mind -

Kapil Sachdeva

Jul 4, 2011, 10:41:45 AM7/4/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fredrik,

Seems like you are using python 2.6 on your Mac. App engine requires python 2.5.

First try that and then we can try to solve the problem if it still exits.

Here is how you can change the python version by typing following
command in your terminal:

defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Version 2.5

Regards
Kapil

On Monday, July 4, 2011, Fredrik Bonander

> --Fredrik Bonandercarl.f...@gmail.com+46 70 943 5441

> - the infinite power of the creative mind -

Fredrik Bonander

Jul 5, 2011, 5:05:41 AM7/5/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I've tried both. But I've discovered that the problem doesn't lie within appengine but the IDE (PyCharm) that I'm using to start appengine.

When running dev_appserver.py from the Terminal it works fine. But not from inside the IDE. :(

..fredrik

--
Fredrik Bonander

Kyle Finley

Jul 5, 2011, 6:08:22 AM7/5/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Is python2.5 set in the project preferences?

Kyle Finley

Jul 5, 2011, 6:19:08 AM7/5/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Also, Pycharm takes it's path variable from /etc/launchd.conf. You need to make sure that the path is consistant with ~/.bash_profile. Here's an question that describes the settings. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/135688/setting-environment-variables-in-os-x