WTForms - validating a single field

Rich

Sep 11, 2011, 5:01:34 PM9/11/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

In addition to standard WTForms validation I'd like to validate each field individually (onBlur) using Ajax so that my client side and server side validation rules can be shared. I'm using a jQuery plugin for inline validation that supports Ajax - it demands the server returns a simple JavaScript array for example:

["firstname",false]

My form & handlers etc are setup and working, I'm struggling to figure out how to call the individual field's validate method - i just need to obtain the boolean result. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks,

Rich