Tipfy HTTP DELETE method ?

John Schimmel

Jul 22, 2011, 4:07:41 PM7/22/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Does Tipfy's RequestHandler have a DELETE method? I see GET, PUT, POST listed but DELETE is not http://www.tipfy.org/wiki/guide/request-handler/.

If it's not available, I would be curious if anyones know why it was left out. No biggie, just curious.

Thanks
John

Rodrigo Moraes

Jul 22, 2011, 5:23:30 PM7/22/11
to tipfy
On Jul 22, 5:07 pm, John Schimmel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does Tipfy's RequestHandler have a DELETE method? I see GET, PUT, POST
> listed but DELETE is nothttp://www.tipfy.org/wiki/guide/request-handler/.
>
> If it's not available, I would be curious if anyones know why it was left
> out. No biggie, just curious.

Hi,
Actually RequestHandler doesn't implement get()/post()/delete()/etc.
The method is retrieved on the fly based on the HTTP method. The
relevant line is:

http://code.google.com/p/tipfy/source/browse/tipfy/handler.py#78

And yes, DELETE works (you just need to extend RequestHandler and add
a delete() method, like others). The list of HTTP methods accepted by
default is here (it is the same as webapp):

http://code.google.com/p/tipfy/source/browse/tipfy/app.py#174

Hope this helps.
-- rodrigo

John Schimmel

Jul 25, 2011, 9:25:23 AM7/25/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Rodrigo, much appreciated!