Best Practice for Caching self.auth.user

ksachdeva

May 30, 2011, 1:54:06 AM5/30/11
to tipfy
Hi,

My application currently uses self.auth.user in every handler/view for
checking permissions etc. I can see that for a single request
self.auth.user results in 1 datastore query.

My app is very ajax centric and one screen calls many handlers/views
which result in as many datastore queries.

Would appreciate if someone could recommend the caching strategy for
the authenticated user.

Regards & thanks
Kapil

Lenard Gabor

Jun 15, 2011, 3:52:57 PM6/15/11
to ti...@googlegroups.com
I am new to GAE and THL but I guess, I would put it into the memcache with a unique identifier, like key().name() or key().id() or even with the e-mail address