some questions about includes

thisispete

Oct 24, 2011, 8:12:02 PM10/24/11
to Bonsai
first question: about the includes on shared template files; why do
they need an underscore and no file extension?

second question: is there any way to do includes on the public files?
I liked in jekyll how I could use includes into any file, very
convenient to have multiple .js files that get concatenated into one
file before they get minified. same with the css / less.

seems like a great application, would love to see more build samples
to look at to see how people are using it!!

Ben Schwarz

Nov 4, 2011, 1:57:48 AM11/4/11
to tiny...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

The include files use an underscore, mostly because its a convention from Ruby on Rails… although I hadn't really noticed that they didn't require a file extension.

I'd be interested to hear if you simply just want to concatenate your css and js files… or if its for another use case. Because we could do something similar to sprockets (used in the Rails asset pipeline).

Glad you like it… usually people stay pretty quiet about what they're building. Maybe I should add something to the readme / website.

Cheers,

Ben

thisispete

Nov 25, 2011, 10:19:43 PM11/25/11
to Bonsai
Hey Ben

I like the ability of doing multiple js and css files for
organizational value.
Mostly when working on a project that has several developers, it helps
reduce conflicts in version control, but also I come from a flash
background so I'm used to organizing by file instead of having long
scrolling files.

I could come up with an ant script that does some pre-processing on
the files but it would spit out files I didn't need in the end,
figures it was worth asking if includes were possible.

cheers.

-Pete