No template engine registered for default.mustache

ma...@paulschoen.com

Jun 29, 2010, 9:45:35 PM6/29/10
to Bonsai
Hey,

I tried to install it but when the webserver opens the site I only get
the black bonsai circle with the following sentence underneath:

No template engine registered for default.mustache

So, Whats wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.... Love the idea of
bonsai..sad that it doesn't work for me.

Best,

Paul

ma...@paulschoen.com

Jun 29, 2010, 10:50:00 PM6/29/10
to Bonsai
The Bonsai version is 1.30. I installed it today, so should be the
most recent one. Please find two screenshots under the following
links:

http://paulschoen.com/bonsai/bonsai1.png
http://paulschoen.com/bonsai/bonsai2.png

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Ben Schwarz

Jun 30, 2010, 6:46:26 AM6/30/10
to tiny...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

While I can see the issues you've displayed in the screen shots, I'm unable to re-produce it!
What ruby version are you using?

I uninstalled my copies of bonsai and mustache, reinstalled the gem and ran the commands you did.. I see

Have you since tried generating another site?

ma...@paulschoen.com

Jun 30, 2010, 10:04:43 AM6/30/10
to Bonsai
Hey,

The Ruby version is 1.8.7. I tried to generate several sites but I get
all the time the same error. It's the default build.
My gem version is 1.3.5.

How can I reinstall the gem?

This error is driving me mad....

Thanks for your help.

Paul

On Jun 30, 6:46 am, Ben Schwarz <ben.schw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> While I can see the issues you've displayed in the screen shots, I'm unable
> to re-produce it!
> What ruby version are you using?
>
> I uninstalled my copies of bonsai and mustache, reinstalled the gem and ran
> the commands you did.. I seehttp://skitch.com/benschwarz/dkxnu/welcome-to-bonsai-your-website-title
>
> Have you since tried generating another site?
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM, m...@paulschoen.com

Alexander Kern

Jul 8, 2010, 6:30:29 PM7/8/10
to Bonsai
Hey,

I'm getting the exact same problem as well. Running a stock bonsai on
Leopard running RubyGems 1.3.7 and Ruby 1.8.7. Currently using
Brewbygems to manage my gems with Homebrew.

Thanks for the help,
Alex

Alexander Kern

Jul 8, 2010, 10:35:25 PM7/8/10
to Bonsai
I figured out that if you use an older version of tilt it works. For
some reason, mustache is missing from tilt. It seems to have
disappeared.

Ben Schwarz

Jul 21, 2010, 12:21:27 AM7/21/10
to tiny...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report. I guess you guys must have newer versions of tilt and I didn't.
I'll come up with something to handle the dependencies for the binary when I get some spare time.

I'd be happy if you can sort it out and send a patch though. FYI. Mustache 0.7 introduced some bugs—I haven't checked mustache since it broke everything back then though.

Robin Pokorny

Jul 29, 2010, 8:39:15 AM7/29/10
to Bonsai
Hi, the mustache support has been removed in tilt 1.0 (see more:
http://github.com/rtomayko/tilt/commit/7a7912099035e921844e572a19fa90ff20fae9ba).

To install the last working tilt version (0.9) use:

---
$sudo gem install tilt --version=0.9
$ sudo gem uninstall tilt
Select gem to uninstall:
1. tilt-0.9
2. tilt-1.0.1
3. All versions
> 2
---

Ben, it would be great if you could specify the tilt version when
installing the bonsai gem. (I know there is ">=0.8" condition, but I
do not know if condition like "0.8 || 0.9" is possible)

Ben Schwarz

Aug 2, 2010, 10:20:52 AM8/2/10
to Bonsai
Hi Robin,

Thanks for the push on this. I just pushed the gem update.
I've been totally overwhelmed with other projects of late, so if
you've got any patches, be sure to send them my way.

I hope to put some time into bonsai soon.

Cheers,

Ben