image manipulation and meta data

g12n

Apr 3, 2012, 4:44:54 PM4/3/12
to Bonsai
Hi!
I am checking out bonsai to port a stacey website onto a static host
server.
On the existing site i used timThumb to generate smaller versions of
images, and read the and used the IPTC-Metadata to generate SEO-
friendly title Tags.

Can i do any image manipulations within Bonsai? Or should I crate
static images before adding them to the contents folder?

Do “magic” variables read any Meta-Data from the given files?

Looking forward to your answers! Bonsai looks awesome!

Ben Schwarz

May 8, 2012, 4:54:40 AM5/8/12
to tiny...@googlegroups.com
Wow. I never saw this message—So sorry.
Bonsai doesn't currently read any meta data with the image files (although a patch for this wouldn't be difficult)

Otherwise, yeah—you'd need to process your own images.
Do you have any ruby experience? Would you be interested in trying to make a patch for metadata?