Mouse(device) cursor tracking for rat behavior

Charles Latchoumane

Nov 1, 2018, 3:54:10 PM11/1/18
to Bonsai
HI,

   I am trying to build a ground truth for my tracking on video and I am trying to make a bonsai workflow that does the following:

use the mouse cursor to follow a rat during behavior:
 1. get X.Y position of the mouse on the video (corresponding to the video pixel position) when the left mouse button is pressed down
 2. save the X.Y , mouse button action and time stamps (I have that part) in a text file
 3. bonus: have a marker following the mouse cursor on the video file to make sure it is registered as tracking (visually)

   I can get teh X Y of the mouse from bonsai but it correlates with the whole screen region and is not reset to "within video coordinate" which will help for later processing.

  I don't know if my request makes sense. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Best,
Charles