testing web server (cultivate) crashes and recovery

thisispete

Jan 30, 2012, 2:33:30 PM1/30/12
to Bonsai
I've noticed from time to time bonsai cultivate crashes as I'm
working, either from a mailformed yaml tag or whatever the case may be
the web-server gets hung up (I'm running mac osx)

I've found the fastest way from the command line to restart it is to
do this:

type: ps aux | grep bonsai

you should get something like:
pete 606 0.1 1.2 2497000 61180 s000 S+ 11:26AM
0:06.71 /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/
ruby /usr/bin/bonsai -c
pete 649 0.0 0.0 2435116 476 s001 R+ 11:27AM 0:00.00
grep bonsai

in this case the stalled process PID# is 606
sometimes there's more than 2

type: kill -9 606
replacing the 606 with the process you want to shut down

you don't need to kill the last one on the list (or whichever one has
the grep bonsai at the end)

then bonsai -c to restart the web server

Ben Schwarz

Feb 21, 2012, 8:23:11 PM2/21/12
to tiny...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. I haven't used it for quite some time now.
Do you have any idea what causes the crashes? Is it something repeatable? Can you send me the stack trace when it happens next time?

Cheers,

Ben

thisispete

Mar 5, 2012, 11:09:40 PM3/5/12
to Bonsai
I'm out of active development on my one project for the time being but
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it next time around...
I'm not sure what causes it per se, it just seems to hang sometimes
and needed a hard reset to get things running again..