Issue 52 in tinypy: Running tinypy on ARM platform

codesite...@google.com

Dec 2, 2010, 10:22:21 AM12/2/10
to tin...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 52 by D.Mironiuk: Running tinypy on ARM platform
http://code.google.com/p/tinypy/issues/detail?id=52

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. compile tinypy using gcc toolkit for ARM architecture
2. run the tinypy binary with a script as an argument

The script contains single instruction:
print("TEST")

The tinypy returns with an error:
Exception:
tp_load(boot.tpc)

If I put *.tpc files into the same directory where the tinypy binary is
then it displays:
Exception:
tp_get: KeyError: open

I thought that tinypy is a standalone bianry. And it seems to be - at least
the version compiled with mingw for Windows is (I have succesfully
compiled).

Could you help me to run tinypy? Or at lease give some advice what these
errors mean?

codesite...@google.com

Apr 3, 2011, 4:03:48 PM4/3/11
to tin...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 52 by breaker....@gmail.com: Running tinypy on ARM
platform
http://code.google.com/p/tinypy/issues/detail?id=52

Check that

is_tinypy = (str(1.0) == "1")
if not is_tinypy:
from boot import *

works as expected on ARM. Look at 'tp_str' function definition in
section 'if (type == TP_NUMBER)'. Possibly error is somewhere here.