Can't get TextArea to Disply - Second Try

Michael Satterwhite

Jul 16, 2010, 8:31:29 PM7/16/10
to tinymce...@googlegroups.com
OK, I blew in in my last post to the "list" - I only sent it to myself. At
least now I know why I didn't get a reply. This will summarize what had been
said.

I'm unable to get the editor textarea to display. If I replace the call to
tinymce with a standard textarea helper, it displays fine. If I use the tinymce
helper, it's as if there is nothing on the screen.

I'm running PCLinuxOS and am using Firefox for my browser. I've installed
TinyMCE Hammer and followed the setup. Trevor told me that the required
Javascript is being generated and asked if I was seeing any errors. This is
where I sent the reply to myself.. Hopefully someone can help me now.

Looking at the error console in Firefox, I see several errors I'm guessing
these are the cause of the problem (and *ONLY* guessing!). Here are the errors
that I'm seeing. Any and all help GREATLY appreciated.

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/ui.css
Line: 40

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/ui.css
Line: 71

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/ui.css
Line: 109

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-3dlight-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 25

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-arrow-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 26

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-base-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 27

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-darkshadow-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 28

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-face-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 29

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-highlight-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 30

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-shadow-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 31

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-track-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File:
http://photon:3000/javascripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css
Line: 32

trevorrowe

Jul 20, 2010, 6:04:31 PM7/20/10
to tinymce_hammer
Sorry for the slow reply. I scanned through the errors you pasted and
they don't look like they could cause the issue you are having. They
all appear to be css warnings, not javascript errors. I believe you
can modify your Firefox console to filter out css warnings and only
show javascript errors/warnings/etc.