New to TinyMCE and Rails in general, problems with configuration and viewing in index

SeanRLaBrie

May 9, 2011, 8:48:01 PM5/9/11
to tinymce_hammer
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to working with rails and Tiny MCE, but I've got it installed
and working according to the guide here:

http://tinymcehammer.lanalot.com/tutorials/getting_started/

I'm running ruby 1.8.7-p334 and rail 3.0.7.

I can't seem to get any changes made to the config\initializers
\tinymce_hammer.rb to work.

my tinymce is installed to: public\javascripts\tiny_mce

here is my tinymce_hammer.rb file:

Tinymce::Hammer.install_path = '/javascripts/tiny_mce'

Tinymce::Hammer.plugins = %w(safari table paste tabfocus)

Tinymce::Hammer.init = [
[:paste_convert_headers_to_strong, true],
[:paste_convert_middot_lists, true],
[:paste_remove_spans, true],
[:paste_remove_styles, true],
[:paste_strip_class_attributes, true],
[:theme, 'advanced'],
[:theme_advanced_toolbar_align, 'left'],
[:theme_advanced_toolbar_location, 'top'],
[:theme_advanced_buttons1,
'undo,redo,cut,copy,paste,pastetext,|,bold,italic,strikethrough,blockquote,charmap,bullist,numlist,removeformat,|,link,unlink,image,|,cleanup,code'],
[:theme_advanced_buttons2,
'pasteword,|,search,replace,|,tablecontrols,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect'],
[:theme_advanced_buttons3, ''],
[:valid_elements, "a[href|
title],blockquote[cite],br,caption,cite,code,dl,dt,dd,em,i,img[src|alt|
title|width|height|align],li,ol,p,pre,q[cite],small,strike,strong/
b,sub,sup,u,ul"],
]

The default tinymce window is always loaded, none of the customized
buttons load. I can't seem to see where I'm going wrong either.

Thanks in advance for any hints you can throw at me.

-Sean

SeanRLaBrie

May 10, 2011, 5:34:28 PM5/10/11
to tinymce_hammer
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got this working, i had to
stop and restart the rails service, which i did, but my IDE (netbeans)
was somehow also running the same rails server for the app, so the
restart didn't take effect until after i closed the IDE down. Don't
ask me how they were both able to start and run on port 3000...

Anyways, so the config works the first time I load any page that has a
tinymce field, but on the update/edit/ or changing to a new page it
reverts to the original default config, even with netbeans closed.

Thanks,

Sean