Repeatable puzzle themes in Akihabara

0 просмотров

Greg DeKoenigsberg

не прочитано,
17 июн. 2011 г., 16:03:4317.06.2011
– tinygames
I'm guessing that we'll have a number of thematic number-related
puzzles that will be used, in various forms, over and over again.

For instance: "shoving numbers around".

A very common math worksheet involves "putting in the right digit".
Like "21 + __ = 27, fill in the blank."
This could be simple to code up. A set of boulders labeled "0" thru
"9". They can be pushed when the player strikes them with the weapon.
When the boulders move to the right place, boom! The door to the next
room opens. Or something.

I want to capture these ideas, so I've started a wiki page here:

http://math.tinygames.org/index.php?title=Puzzle_Ideas

Any good ideas, edit the wiki or just email them to the list and I'll
add them. And if anyone wants to start coding a simple, single-room
Aki module that demonstrates one of these themes, that would be
perfect! Otherwise, I'll start working on some of them myself.

My hope is to have a lot of single-room Aki modules that demonstrate
lots of puzzle concepts, so that we can eventually turn them into
libraries.

--g

(p.s. ping me if you need access to the wiki; there's no signup, since
I was one man fighting an endless sea of spammers and didn't have time
to figure out how to do it properly.)

(p.p.s. anyone who wants to be Owner of Wiki, you just let me know, LOL.)

Stephen John Smoogen

не прочитано,
25 июн. 2011 г., 10:14:2525.06.2011
– tiny...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 14:03, Greg DeKoenigsberg
<greg.deko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing that we'll have a number of thematic number-related
> puzzles that will be used, in various forms, over and over again.
>
> For instance: "shoving numbers around".
>
> A very common math worksheet involves "putting in the right digit".
> Like "21 + __ = 27, fill in the blank."
> This could be simple to code up.  A set of boulders labeled "0" thru
> "9". They can be pushed when the player strikes them with the weapon.
> When the boulders move to the right place, boom! The door to the next
> room opens. Or something.
>
> I want to capture these ideas, so I've started a wiki page here:
>
> http://math.tinygames.org/index.php?title=Puzzle_Ideas
>
> Any good ideas, edit the wiki or just email them to the list and I'll
> add them.  And if anyone wants to start coding a simple, single-room
> Aki module that demonstrates one of these themes, that would be
> perfect!  Otherwise, I'll start working on some of them myself.
>
> My hope is to have a lot of single-room Aki modules that demonstrate
> lots of puzzle concepts, so that we can eventually turn them into
> libraries.

Ping on getting access. Looking through the IXL stuff I can see how we
can do things for lower levels.

First Grade:
Oracle: What numbers come before 20
Blink: whack whack whack

Later puzzles may be solved better with keys.. if we can get the keys
to have numbers associated with them. We then need to cycle through
keys like weapons can be so that if you are asked "What door leads to
7+9" , Blink can choose his 16 key and get to the next room. Keys can
be earned by dividing monsters down to primes.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Greg DeKoenigsberg