tutorial4: additions to tutorial3

1 view

Greg DeKoenigsberg

Jun 29, 2011, 12:17:09 PM6/29/11
to tinygames
1. My clever little hack for making an "ascii art" level was
completely unnecessary -- there was already an asciiArtToMap()
function in the help.js file that I hadn't found yet. Which I
discovered when I said to myself "this really should be a library.
Let me go put it in... let's see, a helper function, so it should
probably go in help.js, right next to, let's see... LOL! I'm an
idiot."

2. Blocks are now lined up in a row.

3. Blocks can no longer be pushed to the edge.

Later this week: a level that has multiple rooms like this, where you
must complete all of the puzzles to get out. Ideally completely
autogenerated with a few parameters.

Still a primitive look and feel, but again, at this stage I'm fleshing
out simple gameplay routines with good documentation for potential
copycats.

--g

Greg DeKoenigsberg

Jun 29, 2011, 12:23:13 PM6/29/11