Latest: full puzzleblock minigame

1 view

Greg DeKoenigsberg

Jul 4, 2011, 11:00:23 AM7/4/11
to tinygames
Hey all. Latest code for the puzzleblock mover:

Game: http://gregdek.org/MONGO/akihabara/game-tutorial5.html
Key level code:
https://github.com/gregdek/akihabara/blob/master/resources/tutorial5/bundle-map-labyrinth.js

The game has some improvements:

* Puzzleblocks can no longer be pushed all the way to the wall.
* Math problems are dynamically generated.
* A cheesy intro level. :)

A brief statement on short-term goals: I continue to run towards lots
of fully playable mini-games, well-documented (I hope) and suitable as
jumping off points for other game ideas. I know that these will need
a lot more polish, but that will come later -- or sooner, if anyone
wants to jump in. :) If I can create a new mini-game every week,
I'll be happy with that pace for now.

My next goal, which I hope to have coded by next weekend: a "Path O
Math" puzzle: http://math.tinygames.org/index.php?title=Puzzle_Ideas#Path_O_Math

--g

Max Spevack

Jul 4, 2011, 10:03:20 PM7/4/11
to tinygames
On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Game: http://gregdek.org/MONGO/akihabara/game-tutorial5.html

A winner is me!

> https://github.com/gregdek/akihabara/blob/master/resources/tutorial5/bundle-map-labyrinth.js

From the point of view of "tons of documentation that makes it easy to
extend" I think some discussion of the data structure on lines 60-66
would be useful.

RFE: based on whether or not the user chooses easy, medium, or hard,
replace more than one number in the equation with a ?, while making sure
that no two ?s require the same block.

> The game has some improvements:
>
> * Puzzleblocks can no longer be pushed all the way to the wall.

I tried to break this and get myself into an unwinnable situation, and I
couldn't do it.

--Max

Greg DeKoenigsberg

Jul 5, 2011, 12:41:36 AM7/5/11
to tiny...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Max Spevack <mspe...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> https://github.com/gregdek/akihabara/blob/master/resources/tutorial5/bundle-map-labyrinth.js
>
> From the point of view of "tons of documentation that makes it easy to
> extend" I think some discussion of the data structure on lines 60-66 would
> be useful.

Done.

> RFE: based on whether or not the user chooses easy, medium, or hard, replace
> more than one number in the equation with a ?, while making sure that no two
> ?s require the same block.

Yeah. I think that's actually going to be a separate puzzle, because
that represents a separate (more advanced) learning objective.

>> The game has some improvements:
>>
>> * Puzzleblocks can no longer be pushed all the way to the wall.
>
> I tried to break this and get myself into an unwinnable situation, and I
> couldn't do it.

PUZZLEBLOCK IS STRONG. :)

--g