convert degrees to radians

D William Altig

Aug 23, 2009, 8:49:56 AM8/23/09
to tinspire
Is there a download that will convert degree to radians?

Andy Kemp

Aug 23, 2009, 8:57:56 AM8/23/09
to tins...@googlegroups.com
If you have your calculator in Radians mode, then if you type an angle in degrees say 60degrees (you can add the degrees symbol by either using the symbols template or by using the shortcut CTRL + ' then when you press enter it will return the angle in radians...

If you are using CAS it will return it as a fraction of pi...

If you are in degrees mode then you can do the reverse by putting in the angle and adding the radian symbol....

Nelson Sousa

Aug 23, 2009, 9:01:53 AM8/23/09
to tins...@googlegroups.com
you can also use the >DMS, >Rad and >Grad functions (replace > by the
right arrow, the conversion symbol).

This will convert the angle measurement to the desired unit regardless
of mode settings.

Cheers,
Nelson

Eric Findlay

Aug 23, 2009, 11:34:24 PM8/23/09
to tins...@googlegroups.com
And if your calc is in degree mode, you can change to radians by typing
in the angle, then using the symbol menu or catalogue to insert the tiny
'r' symbol. Again, pressing enter will return the value in radians.

One thing, though. I don't have a CAS unit, so I'm not sure - if you
have pi/2 and want to convert to radians by this method, do you have to
use parentheses? Ex: (pi/2)r , where r is the radian symbol

--Eric

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither
height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to
separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)
--
Eric Findlay
AKA Eagle-Man

Nelson Sousa

Aug 24, 2009, 2:35:46 AM8/24/09
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you need the parenthesis.

In order of operation of a CAS the operators that follow their
argument come in last (like with x^2). So in the case of Pi/2^r if you
don't use parenthesis the division is done first.

Cheers,
Nelson