new COVID vaccination data and activity

Tom Reardon

May 3, 2021, 2:51:49 PM5/3/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com, Tom Reardon

Hello all,

I have used the COVID data that John and this group have been supplying several times. Thank you!

I created a COVID vaccination activity for CAMT and decided to share it with you as the data is very current,  through April 29.

I plan on updating this in July as that is when CAMT will “play” my activity.

All of this can be quickly viewed and data accessed at this blog if you are interested:

Math Modeling COVID-19 Vaccination Data as of April 29 2021 | tomreardon3 (wordpress.com)

It focuses on interpreting rate of change and modeling.
I have the data in a program for 84’s, tns file on Nspire, and in an Excel spreadsheet.

Contact me with questions or comments.

Peace,

Tom Reardon

Math teacher from Ohio

Karlheinz Haas

May 4, 2021, 8:50:52 PM5/4/21
to tinspire
Tom,
Thanks for sharing all those files.  Great activity.  I had to try a logistics match since the dose 1 numbers (and a while after that the dose-2) should begin to level off, either because large numbers have been vaccinated or we reach the "end" of people willing to get the vaccine.  And look at the great fit......

vaccine date_logistics.png

Looking forward to your updates in July.
And, yes, I might have an update on the COVID data through the end of May if my STEM students "collaborate" and John doesn't beat me to it.

Karlheinz

John Hanna

May 4, 2021, 10:22:51 PM5/4/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Finally looking good!

Data in millions?

Be Excellent,

     John Hanna

On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 2:51:49 PM UTC-4 Tom Reardon wrote:

Hello all,

I have used the COVID data that John and this group have been supplying several times. Thank you!

I created a COVID vaccination activity for CAMT and decided to share it with you as the data is very current,  through April 29.

I plan on updating this in July as that is when CAMT will “play” my activity.

All of this can be quickly viewed and data accessed at this blog if you are interested:

Math Modeling COVID-19 Vaccination Data as of April 29 2021 | tomreardon3 (wordpress.com)

It focuses on interpreting rate of change and modeling.
I have the data in a program for 84’s, tns file on Nspire, and in an Excel spreadsheet.

Contact me with questions or comments.

Peace,

Tom Reardon

Math teacher from Ohio

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tinspire/faa4bc3c-51e3-466d-a8b1-f6c8bdbb7b0dn%40googlegroups.com.

image001.png

Karlheinz Haas

May 6, 2021, 10:45:39 AM5/6/21
to tinspire
Yes, the data Tom Shared are in 'millions of people' who have received first or both doses. My screenshot shows analysis for # of people who have received their first dose.
It is interesting to note the the logistics fit for the current data indicates that there could be a plateau around 210 million, which wouldn't be good. Hopefully, as Tom updates his data file, that plateau will move up.

Karlheinz