Decimal in spreadsheet

Travis Bower

Dec 10, 2021, 5:12:38 PM12/10/21
to tinspire
Hi,
How do I get the decimal form to appear in the spreadsheet?
DB056933-D805-4C12-86FB-9669F13B6972.jpeg
Thanks

--

Travis Bower, M.A.
Math Teacher

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This is a transmission from the Santa Barbara Unified School District and may contain privileged and confidential information. It, and any attachments, are intended only for the addressee(s) . If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited by applicable state and federal law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.

Santa Barbara Unified School District - "Every child, every chance, every day."

John Hanna

Dec 10, 2021, 7:08:15 PM12/10/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Use an = sign first:

Do good,

     John

[...]

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tinspire/CAJDscR5rLn%2BPCeCx8Gtsw%2B47juUOP3S-hMvPH5qs%2B4xmA%2BkfoQ%40mail.gmail.com.

image001.png
image002.jpg

Bird, Mr.

Dec 11, 2021, 10:15:23 AM12/11/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com
When doing calculations in a spreadsheet, after the equal sign, I have used approx(, or if I want an approximate answer then any number just needs to have a decimal and then the output will be a decimal approximation.

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tinspire/CAJDscR5rLn%2BPCeCx8Gtsw%2B47juUOP3S-hMvPH5qs%2B4xmA%2BkfoQ%40mail.gmail.com.
--
Mr. Bird
Teacher - Mathematics & Physics; Adviser - NHS, Rocket Team, VEX Robotics; Coach - Tennis

http://covenantchristian.org/images/CCHS-email-signature-credo.jpg

7525 West 21st Street
Indianapolis, In 46214
covenantchristian.org
Psalm 111:2 "Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them."

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.