VEX Robotics 2024

Sean Bird

May 4, 2024, 7:23:15 PMMay 4
to TI-Innovator, tinspire
This week I was at the VEX World Championship. Some of my former students are part of the Purdue team. Although they didn't win the NCAA basketball championship, Purdue's Sigbots did win Worlds in VEX U.

It was great that it worked out that I could see them compete while my current students came in 25 in the World in the 15 and under division (out of the approximately 500 top teams there from around the globe).

Here is a pic of me at the airport enjoying a TI webinar about the CBR2

You can see the TI logo on the top right of our first match results (win).

At some past robotics competitions, I had our TI-Rover, with its pen, write VEX on a large whiteboard.
image.png
image.png
This file is attached along with a file from last year's competition that allowed the team to dynamically adjust the variables to explore the path of the disk.

Next year's competition uses game elements which us mathematicians would refer to as a torus, a.k.a. donut.

Mr. Bird

write coordinates.tns
VEX2023.tns
VEX2025 torus.tns