network error on a handheld

Peggy Frisbie

Sep 1, 2021, 11:51:22 AM9/1/21
to tinspire
My student has a CX II numerical edition, and he's got a "Network Not Ready" error. He has not tried to connect it to any network, and the problem only started a couple of weeks ago. He's had the calculator since last school year.

Is this something that can be fixed without a reset? Is a reset the next thing? The continually searching for a network is draining his battery faster than usual.

IMG_1687.JPG

Philbrick, Dale

Sep 1, 2021, 12:14:22 PM9/1/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peggy,

This sounds like a technical problem for the TI CARES team.  You can have your student call the TI CARES technical support line at 972-917-8324.  They’d be happy to help him out!

Thanks,
Dale

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tinspire/08033df1-48d1-4d48-95e5-d5a3f294aeacn%40googlegroups.com.

John Hanna

Sep 1, 2021, 3:01:04 PM9/1/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

You could try reinstalling the OS. You won’t lose any files.

Be Excellent,

     John Hanna

Sep 3, 2021, 7:24:08 AM9/3/21
to tinspire
I just installed 5.3.something for him; he was running 5.0.something. I still get the same error. Unless anyone has any other ideas, I'll tell him to try TI-Cares.

Peggy

John Hanna

Sep 3, 2021, 8:09:12 AM9/3/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Wonder if there’s something stuck in the Nav ‘hat’ port causing a short… Try an air compressor?

Be Excellent,

     John Hanna

Peggy Frisbie

Sep 3, 2021, 8:33:28 AM9/3/21
to tinspire
Brilliant! A couple of puffs of compressed air, and when I turned it back on, the error had disappeared. Thanks for your help.

Peggy (and Kevin, whose calculator it is)

John Hanna

Sep 3, 2021, 11:54:11 AM9/3/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

That’s what I’m paid for 😊.