TI-nspire CX stuck on loading... clock screen

Hartman, B

May 19, 2016, 7:19:59 AM5/19/16
to tinspire
Hey all, I have a TI-nSpire CX handheld that locks up on loading at the clock screen.  I have tried the reset and hitting on 2x's with no luck.  Anyone remember the key sequence to get into the bootup menu?  I just remember that the EE button is involved, but there are a few more buttons to the sequence..

Bruce

Confidential Notice: This email, and any attachments to it, may contain confidential information. It is intended for use by the individual or entity named as the recipient on the email. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, you should not read, use, copy or disseminate the information. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete and destroy this communication immediately and notify the sender by "reply" or phone of the error.

Hartman, B

May 19, 2016, 7:21:44 AM5/19/16
to tinspire

Here is the info I have already tried.... Bruce

Knowledge Base

Home > TI-Nspire™ Family of Products > > Solution 37455
Solution 37455: TI-Nspire Family Handheld Stops Loading OS at Spinning Clock.
Type Question and Answer
Last Updated 19-NOV-2015 10:10:04

What troubleshooting steps can I attempt if the TI-Nspire Family Handheld Stops Loading the OS at Spinning Clock.

If your TI-Nspire Family Handheld stops loading at the screen below:

Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Press and hold the reset button on the back of the handheld for 4 seconds, then press the [ON] key twice to turn the handheld back on.
• If the above step does not work, unscrew the back panel of your handheld, disconnect the TI Rechargeable Battery, and then reconnect it. Replace the back panel afterwards, and then press the [ON] key twice to turn the handheld back on.

If the suggestions do not alleviate the problem, please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance.

John Hanna

May 19, 2016, 7:31:20 AM5/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com

See attached, Bruce.

Best Regards,

         John Hanna

         jeh...@optonline.net

         www.johnhanna.us

         T3 - Teachers Teaching with Technology

         http://education.ti.com

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.

Maintenance menu.doc

John Hanna

May 19, 2016, 7:50:02 AM5/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com

In case yous don’t get attachments…

    CX Maintenance menu:  doc + home + Enter + EE  and press reset button on back.

Best Regards,

         John Hanna

         jeh...@optonline.net

         www.johnhanna.us

         T3 - Teachers Teaching with Technology

         http://education.ti.com

Mark Arguijo

May 19, 2016, 8:34:35 AM5/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I've seen that many times.

You need to remove and plug in the battery.  Make sure that connector fits properly and snug. Then restart the handheld.

It should work after that.

Mark Arguijo
Mobile:  956-245-6090

Sent from my iPhone

Hartman, B

May 19, 2016, 10:20:40 AM5/19/16
to tinspire
Thanks all... I got to the Maintenance window, formatted, installed an older OS 4.0, and still locks up.  I did it again, removing the OS and installing latest OS 2.4, and it still just boots to the clock scrteen and stops.  Any suggestions?

Bruce

Hartman, B

May 19, 2016, 10:21:06 AM5/19/16
to tinspire
OS 4.2... not 2.4...

Mark Arguijo

May 19, 2016, 1:28:20 PM5/19/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com
It's the battery.

Open the back (I use a small screwdriver from a glass kit), totally remove the battery, replace the battery and then turn it on. I've gotten many of these to come back this way.

To me it seems that the battery cable loosens or doesn't make good contact so it has to be re-seated.

Give it a shot.

Mark

Mark Arguijo

Sent from my iPhone

Julie Dansby

May 30, 2016, 5:46:11 PM5/30/16
to tins...@googlegroups.com

I've done it quite a bit. See attached.
Julie

--
Reset_Restart_TI_Nspire_CX.pdf

Hartman, B

May 30, 2016, 8:59:29 PM5/30/16
to tinspire
Thanks all... I got the calculator to restart correctly after removing the battery, installing a new battery (still "stuck" and then putting the original battery back in, and now it works.  Put it on and off the docking station a few times and it is ready to go each time.

Thanks again'
Bruce