Customize UI

R K

Jan 18, 2023, 6:13:09 AM1/18/23
to Tinode General
What is the best way to customize the UI?

Change the Icon etc?

thanks in advance

R K

Jan 18, 2023, 4:06:01 PM1/18/23
to Tinode General
So,

i cloned the webapp repo, and edited e.g. src/views/logo-view.jsx to show a bit different text.

built with npm successfully and overall it works.
So the customizing is answered.

I have two problems:
1. I cant find the place where I set the standard server IP. The KNOWN_HOSTS in config.js seems to be ignored.
2. I can't set a avatar, I get the following error in the console:
Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'http://192.168.1.8:6060/v0/file/u/' from origin 'http://192.168.1.8' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

everything else looks good.

My question:
Is this the intended way, to be able to run the webapp in a extra webserver or not?
and if not, how can I edit for example the logo-view.jsx in a docker container?

Or do i have to clone the full repo, edit and then build complete tinode-chat?

thanks for help