WANT TO CONTRIBUTE WITH TINODE

Rova Herve RABE-ANDRIAMAROZOKY

May 30, 2024, 3:45:42 PMMay 30
to Tinode General
Hi Tinode-Team,
I'm Rova, Junior android developer.

First, I very appreciate you work. I can seen that there could some features or somethings to adding to your project.
I'm volunter to contribute in the tinode project.

I'm not english speaker, I'm not a professional developer but I'm fully motivated.

I know that someone think like me.

Thanks for your response.

Gene

May 30, 2024, 4:49:26 PMMay 30
to Tinode General
Thank you for your interest.

Here is a couple of ideas for where you can contribute.

1. The most useful would be to find and fix bugs. Start with building the app from the devel branch. Install it on your phone and use. If you see something not working or working incorrectly, fix it.

2. If you want to do a complete project, a good start could be https://github.com/tinode/chat/issues/814.
You can add a config option to choose dark/light/system-default theme application-wide and a config option to select background picture for each chat individually.

If you submit a pull request, please remember to submit it against the 'devel' branch.