Should we subscribe on usr topics?

Maxim

Jun 29, 2022, 7:31:09 AM6/29/22
to Tinode General
Hi everyone!
Should we subscribe to usr topics each time to receive the status? Maybe we should receive info by topic me?
We met with user who has 500 friends and each launch subscribing to usr topics freeze  the app.
Perhaps we don't need to subscribe on topics for receiving usr presences?

Gene

Jun 29, 2022, 11:57:03 AM6/29/22
to Tinode General
Are you using your own app?

Maxim

Jun 29, 2022, 11:56:12 PM6/29/22
to Tinode General
Yeap.

среда, 29 июня 2022 г. в 20:57:03 UTC+5, Gene:

Gene

Jun 30, 2022, 12:08:37 AM6/30/22
to Tinode General
On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 8:56:12 PM UTC-7 Maxim wrote:
Yeap.

Then if you don't want it to freeze you should implement client-side caching like stock apps do.

Maxim

Jul 4, 2022, 12:00:18 PM7/4/22
to Tinode General
1. But anyway, should we subscribe each time when come to online on all users?
2. Shouldn't  tinode subscribe to usr* topics automatically?

четверг, 30 июня 2022 г. в 09:08:37 UTC+5, Gene:

Gene

Jul 4, 2022, 12:03:21 PM7/4/22
to Tinode General
On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 9:00:18 AM UTC-7 Maxim wrote:
1. But anyway, should we subscribe each time when come to online on all users?

That depends on your use case. If you are creating an instant messenger for communication between people then your IM should connect to 'me' topic every time it comes online.

2. Shouldn't  tinode subscribe to usr* topics automatically?

No.

Maxim

Jul 4, 2022, 12:13:36 PM7/4/22
to Tinode General
Ok Thanks Gene!

понедельник, 4 июля 2022 г. в 21:03:21 UTC+5, Gene: